This Week's Rare Bird Alert
An adult Mississippi kite was seen flying overhead in the vicinity of the traffic circle on Route 33 in Stratham on May 3.
Four sandhill cranes were seen flying overhead in North Sandwich on May 7.
A red-headed woodpecker has been coming to a birdfeeder on Grafton Road in Alexandria since Dec. 13, and was last reported on May 6.
A common gallinule was seen at Turtle Pond in Concord on May 2.
A lingering common redpoll was reported from Mont Vernon on May 1, and one was reported from Sandwich on May 3.
An evening grosbeak was reported from Pittsfield on May 2.
A pair of black-backed woodpeckers was seen along the forest road at the Trudeau Road wetlands in Bethlehem on May 4 and 5.
Merlin pairs have been reported from Ashland, Newfound Lake and Hanover, and a peregrine falcon was reported from Hinsdale, all during the past week.
New reports of returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: bobolink, least flycatcher, great-crested flycatcher, scarlet tanager, veery, American redstart, ?Blackburnian warbler, chimney swift and marsh wren.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
- Cat dies after reportedly being thrown from vehicle on Route 11 in New Durham - 6
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH