This Week's Rare Bird Alert
An adult Mississippi kite was seen flying overhead in the vicinity of the traffic circle on Route 33 in Stratham on May 3.
Four sandhill cranes were seen flying overhead in North Sandwich on May 7.
A red-headed woodpecker has been coming to a birdfeeder on Grafton Road in Alexandria since Dec. 13, and was last reported on May 6.
A common gallinule was seen at Turtle Pond in Concord on May 2.
A lingering common redpoll was reported from Mont Vernon on May 1, and one was reported from Sandwich on May 3.
An evening grosbeak was reported from Pittsfield on May 2.
A pair of black-backed woodpeckers was seen along the forest road at the Trudeau Road wetlands in Bethlehem on May 4 and 5.
Merlin pairs have been reported from Ashland, Newfound Lake and Hanover, and a peregrine falcon was reported from Hinsdale, all during the past week.
New reports of returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: bobolink, least flycatcher, great-crested flycatcher, scarlet tanager, veery, American redstart, ?Blackburnian warbler, chimney swift and marsh wren.
This message is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 10
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer