Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats top Trenton in series opener
The Fisher Cats' Sean Ochinko clubbed a two-run in the fifth inning and finished with three runs batted in. Leadoff man Kevin Pillar collected three hits, including two doubles, and scored three runs.
The offensive outburst, coming on the heels of three straight home losses to New Britain, made a winner of Deck McGuire (2-3), who worked five innings, allowing seven hits and two runs. Tommy Hottovy and Evan Crawford each followed with a scoreless inning, and Joel Carreno worked the last two innings, allowing a run on two hits.
Zach Nuding (1-4) took the loss for the hosts. He went six innings, allowing four runs.
The teams continue their series tonight at 7:05 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement