Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats top Trenton in series opener
The Fisher Cats' Sean Ochinko clubbed a two-run in the fifth inning and finished with three runs batted in. Leadoff man Kevin Pillar collected three hits, including two doubles, and scored three runs.
The offensive outburst, coming on the heels of three straight home losses to New Britain, made a winner of Deck McGuire (2-3), who worked five innings, allowing seven hits and two runs. Tommy Hottovy and Evan Crawford each followed with a scoreless inning, and Joel Carreno worked the last two innings, allowing a run on two hits.
Zach Nuding (1-4) took the loss for the hosts. He went six innings, allowing four runs.
The teams continue their series tonight at 7:05 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice