Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lies exposed: The false Benghazi narrative
Read into the record at Wednesday's hearing was a State Department email in which Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones told Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's office on Sept. 12 that "the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists." Yet four days later, Rice told the American people the complete opposite. Clinton herself told the father of one of the slain Americans that the film was to blame.
Hicks said that when he questioned why the story about the movie was being peddled, Clinton's Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills made it clear to him that he should drop that line of questioning.
This is strong evidence that the Obama administration deliberately misled the American people about a terrorist attack on American soil weeks before a presidential election. Maybe now the questionable Benghazi narrative peddled by the Obama administration will get the scrutiny it has deserved from the start.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Boutin for Senate: Constituent service for District 16 - 3
- Sanborn for Senate: The obvious choice in District 9 - 2
- Secret arrests: Names contradict ICE narrative - 4
- Little for Senate: A voice for the Upper Valley - 1
- Edwards for Senate: A driven leader for Dist. 4 - 0
- Quieting Keene: Fight for your right to party - 2
- Teacher pay: Treat them like professionals - 21
- School emergencies: A tale of two superintendents - 1
- Tradition wins: The boring lives of rock stars - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 0
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 0
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 0
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Monitoring social media
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it