Home » Opinion » Editorials
Lies exposed: The false Benghazi narrative
Read into the record at Wednesday's hearing was a State Department email in which Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones told Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's office on Sept. 12 that "the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists." Yet four days later, Rice told the American people the complete opposite. Clinton herself told the father of one of the slain Americans that the film was to blame.
Hicks said that when he questioned why the story about the movie was being peddled, Clinton's Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills made it clear to him that he should drop that line of questioning.
This is strong evidence that the Obama administration deliberately misled the American people about a terrorist attack on American soil weeks before a presidential election. Maybe now the questionable Benghazi narrative peddled by the Obama administration will get the scrutiny it has deserved from the start.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 12
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles