Cog Railway opens for 144th season
In this, the 30th year of ownership for the Presby and Bedor families, the Cog Railway is offering new events, including a ride and observatory tour, a photo workshop tour, a day for rail fans and a "Name That Train" contest for the new biodiesel engine.
As part of the three-hour round trip to the top, passengers spend about an hour on the summit, with complimentary admission to the Mount Washington Observatory Museum and a fascinating look at the peak's weather history.
An onboard audio tour with New Hampshire story-teller Fritz Wetherbee provides riders more of the history, lore and legend of the famed mountain.
There will be special train trips and discounts for guests throughout the season. Starting June 15, a vintage steam engine will run daily at 8:15 a.m.
An autumn "Five for Fall" special, with a $5 ticket discount, starts in September.
Old Peppersass (named for its pepper-sauce bottle shape), the train that was used in building the Cog Railway, is on display at the Marshfield Base Station and the Cog Railway Museum, which is full of memorabilia about this pioneering railroad. Admission is open to the public and free to all.
Tickets for Cog Railway excursions can now be purchased online at www.TheCog.com.
Due to the popularity of the rides, buying tickets in advance is strongly recommended.
All special events have limited space. Guests are advised to book photo workshop and observatory tours in advance by calling 800-922-8825 or 603-278-5404.
For information and to purchase tickets, contact The Cog at 1-800-922-8825, or in New Hampshire at 603-278-5404. Additional information, including details of special trips and discounts, can be found online at: thecog.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: A winter's walk inspires thoughts of 'long ago' - 0
- New System in Place for Issuing Bear Guide Permits - 0
- Join Loon Mountain's New Ultra Learner's Club, Get a Free Pair of HEAD Skis - 0
- Winter Wild Turkey Survey Starts January 1 - 0
- NH Hunting Season Results for Deer, Bear & Turkey - 0
- Fireworks, Open Houses at Hampton Beach for New Year's Eve - 0
- Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom announces five shows for the 2015 concert series - 0
- Man loses wallet, but sanitation workers save his identity - 4
- Propane now fuels the new Mt. Washington SnowCoach - 0
A new era for Nashua's police force
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules