Veterans Briefs: Korean War commemoration at Veterans Cemetery
BOSCAWEN - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association is holding a commemorative event on June 9 at the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery.
It will be a special 60th anniversary commemoration to mark the end of the Korean Crisis.
A short meeting of the New Hampshire Association will be held at 1:30 p.m. followed by the ceremony at the Korean Monument on the Memorial Walkway at 2 p.m.
A lunch follows the ceremony. Gather at the maintenance building for the meeting and luncheon.
Contact Conrad Perreault at 352-5369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post 27 May events
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 at 6 Sargent Road will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. on May 13.
On May 17, there will be a meat raffle at 7 p.m.
On May 24, karaoke with DJ Sharon is from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.
On May 27, Post 27 will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Donations are appreciated. The post is providing $250 in prize money.
Post 2 events
MANCHESTER - A singles dance night is on Friday at at Sweeney Post 2 hall, 251 Maple St., 8 p.m. to midnight.
A cover charge of $10 includes snacks.
On Saturday from 7:30 to 11 p.m., there is a dance with the band Manchuka.
On Sunday,the Ladies Auxiliary will host its annual Mothers Day breakfast from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan