Veterans Briefs: Korean War commemoration at Veterans Cemetery
BOSCAWEN - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association is holding a commemorative event on June 9 at the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery.
It will be a special 60th anniversary commemoration to mark the end of the Korean Crisis.
A short meeting of the New Hampshire Association will be held at 1:30 p.m. followed by the ceremony at the Korean Monument on the Memorial Walkway at 2 p.m.
A lunch follows the ceremony. Gather at the maintenance building for the meeting and luncheon.
Contact Conrad Perreault at 352-5369 or email@example.com.
Post 27 May events
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 at 6 Sargent Road will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. on May 13.
On May 17, there will be a meat raffle at 7 p.m.
On May 24, karaoke with DJ Sharon is from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.
On May 27, Post 27 will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Donations are appreciated. The post is providing $250 in prize money.
Post 2 events
MANCHESTER - A singles dance night is on Friday at at Sweeney Post 2 hall, 251 Maple St., 8 p.m. to midnight.
A cover charge of $10 includes snacks.
On Saturday from 7:30 to 11 p.m., there is a dance with the band Manchuka.
On Sunday,the Ladies Auxiliary will host its annual Mothers Day breakfast from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
- Proposed purchase of trucks launches power struggle in Nashua - 0
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Cruiser video systems await Barnstead voters' OK - 0
- Inter-Lakes school voters pass articles, add custodian - 0
- Dunbarton voters to decide on $2.17M budget - 0
- Court to decide future of Claremont community center - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving