Veterans Briefs: Korean War commemoration at Veterans Cemetery
BOSCAWEN - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association is holding a commemorative event on June 9 at the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery.
It will be a special 60th anniversary commemoration to mark the end of the Korean Crisis.
A short meeting of the New Hampshire Association will be held at 1:30 p.m. followed by the ceremony at the Korean Monument on the Memorial Walkway at 2 p.m.
A lunch follows the ceremony. Gather at the maintenance building for the meeting and luncheon.
Contact Conrad Perreault at 352-5369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post 27 May events
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 at 6 Sargent Road will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. on May 13.
On May 17, there will be a meat raffle at 7 p.m.
On May 24, karaoke with DJ Sharon is from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.
On May 27, Post 27 will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Donations are appreciated. The post is providing $250 in prize money.
Post 2 events
MANCHESTER - A singles dance night is on Friday at at Sweeney Post 2 hall, 251 Maple St., 8 p.m. to midnight.
A cover charge of $10 includes snacks.
On Saturday from 7:30 to 11 p.m., there is a dance with the band Manchuka.
On Sunday,the Ladies Auxiliary will host its annual Mothers Day breakfast from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters