Veterans Briefs: Korean War commemoration at Veterans Cemetery
BOSCAWEN - The New Hampshire Korean War Veterans Association is holding a commemorative event on June 9 at the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery.
It will be a special 60th anniversary commemoration to mark the end of the Korean Crisis.
A short meeting of the New Hampshire Association will be held at 1:30 p.m. followed by the ceremony at the Korean Monument on the Memorial Walkway at 2 p.m.
A lunch follows the ceremony. Gather at the maintenance building for the meeting and luncheon.
Contact Conrad Perreault at 352-5369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post 27 May events
LONDONDERRY - The American Legion Post 27 at 6 Sargent Road will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. on May 13.
On May 17, there will be a meat raffle at 7 p.m.
On May 24, karaoke with DJ Sharon is from 7:30 p.m. to midnight.
On May 27, Post 27 will be running bingo for patients at the VA Hospital in Manchester from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Donations are appreciated. The post is providing $250 in prize money.
Post 2 events
MANCHESTER - A singles dance night is on Friday at at Sweeney Post 2 hall, 251 Maple St., 8 p.m. to midnight.
A cover charge of $10 includes snacks.
On Saturday from 7:30 to 11 p.m., there is a dance with the band Manchuka.
On Sunday,the Ladies Auxiliary will host its annual Mothers Day breakfast from 7:30 to 11 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. trying to secure cease-fire between Israel, Hamas - 0
- Domino's becomes battleground in Hamas cyber onslaught - 0
- Israel says ground offensive under way in Gaza - 0
- U.S. says Malaysian airliner was 'blown out of the sky' - 0
- NH National Guard to conduct annual training in Michigan over three weeks - 0
- Thousands come out in Boscawen to honor Garabrant's sacrifice - 1
- Thousands attend funeral service for Marine in Peterborough - 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
- GOP's UP Project aims to fix gender gap - 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Export-Import Bank chairman tours NH business - 0
- Manchester takes state Babe Ruth tournament - 0
Conway school acts on Facebook threats
Market Basket walkout a future case study