NH Marines start own website
The local Marines acquired the domain name www.granitestatemarines.com and developed a website to spotlight membership opportunities, showcase veterans' initiatives and other community activities its Marines support.
According to Junior Vice Commandant Bruce Katz, the need for an online presence is necessary to support the current detachment plans and long-term goals.
"Our Marines participate in a variety of veteran-related activities in the greater Manchester area. Without members and our fundraising efforts, it would be impossible to support the requests for services and support we receive from other organizations," the retired Marine said.
One of the primary missions of the website is to serve as a virtual recruiting office for the Granite State detachment, which boasts a membership of nearly 50 Marines. In the past, the detachment has relied on networking, word of mouth advertising and the national MCL and state websites to reach out and attract qualified individuals for membership.
"In order for the detachment to continue to provide support for Veterans' Day events, Memorial Day events and the other veteran-specific activities, we need to grow our membership in order to have the manpower and flexibility to answer the large number of requests we receive," said Katz, a former Marine recruiter.
Marines, young and old are encouraged to visit the website or e-mail email@example.com for additional information on the detachment and membership criteria.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Town councilor wants traffic light at English Range Road and Bypass 28 - 1
- Daughter of Korean Air boss goes ‘nuts’ over nuts - 0
- Exit 4A slowly moves forward - 0
- Momentum stalls for sales of hybrid vehicles - 0
- Volkswagen teases a hydrogen-powered Golf - 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- Londonderry police assisting in investigation of violent Maine home invasion - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose