NH Marines start own website
The local Marines acquired the domain name www.granitestatemarines.com and developed a website to spotlight membership opportunities, showcase veterans' initiatives and other community activities its Marines support.
According to Junior Vice Commandant Bruce Katz, the need for an online presence is necessary to support the current detachment plans and long-term goals.
"Our Marines participate in a variety of veteran-related activities in the greater Manchester area. Without members and our fundraising efforts, it would be impossible to support the requests for services and support we receive from other organizations," the retired Marine said.
One of the primary missions of the website is to serve as a virtual recruiting office for the Granite State detachment, which boasts a membership of nearly 50 Marines. In the past, the detachment has relied on networking, word of mouth advertising and the national MCL and state websites to reach out and attract qualified individuals for membership.
"In order for the detachment to continue to provide support for Veterans' Day events, Memorial Day events and the other veteran-specific activities, we need to grow our membership in order to have the manpower and flexibility to answer the large number of requests we receive," said Katz, a former Marine recruiter.
Marines, young and old are encouraged to visit the website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the detachment and membership criteria.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles