NH Marines start own website
The local Marines acquired the domain name www.granitestatemarines.com and developed a website to spotlight membership opportunities, showcase veterans' initiatives and other community activities its Marines support.
According to Junior Vice Commandant Bruce Katz, the need for an online presence is necessary to support the current detachment plans and long-term goals.
"Our Marines participate in a variety of veteran-related activities in the greater Manchester area. Without members and our fundraising efforts, it would be impossible to support the requests for services and support we receive from other organizations," the retired Marine said.
One of the primary missions of the website is to serve as a virtual recruiting office for the Granite State detachment, which boasts a membership of nearly 50 Marines. In the past, the detachment has relied on networking, word of mouth advertising and the national MCL and state websites to reach out and attract qualified individuals for membership.
"In order for the detachment to continue to provide support for Veterans' Day events, Memorial Day events and the other veteran-specific activities, we need to grow our membership in order to have the manpower and flexibility to answer the large number of requests we receive," said Katz, a former Marine recruiter.
Marines, young and old are encouraged to visit the website or e-mail email@example.com for additional information on the detachment and membership criteria.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch