Londonderry district hires Putney as new Matthew Thornton principal
On Wednesday, school officials announced the hiring of Sharon Putney. Putney will begin her principal duties July 1 following the retirement of longtime principal Carol Mack.
Mack, who worked in the district for more than 25 years, announced her retirement earlier this spring.
Putney is about to complete her fifth year as assistant principal at Thornton's Ferry Elementary School in Merrimack and is the reigning N.H. Elementary Assistant Principal of the Year.
Her education career began in 1982, and over the years she's worked as a general music and chorus teacher, a gifted and talented program teacher and a gateway coordinator for a school-wide enrichment program.
"Mrs. Putney was selected from a field of highly qualified applicants and was also the first choice of a 13-member screening committee," Superintendent Nathan Greenberg said on Wednesday.
In addition to Greenberg, the screening committee included School Board representatives, the assistant superintendent and human resources director, an elementary principal, and several Matthew Thornton parents and teachers.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax