Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Neighbor thwarts burglary in Brookfield, 2 charged
BROOKFIELD - Two men were arrested after an alert eyewitness to an alleged burglary in progress called police.
Wakefield Police Department Lt. Mark O'Brien said the neighbor, who lives on Mead Dam Road in Brookfield, reported a burglary in progress April 18 at 5:30 a.m. He called police after hearing a truck go past his house and stop next door.
According to police, the neighbor saw two men walking around the house, shining flashlights and checking the doors. He also noticed the men loading items into their truck.
The neighbor went over and confronted the men, and when they became agitated and tried to leave, the neighbor blocked the driveway with his truck and waited for police.
Officers from the Wakefield Police Department, Wolfeboro Police Department, and N.H. State Police Troop E responded to the scene.
Arrested at the home were Dustin D. Lafontaine, 20, of Lee, and Jared Fuller, 22, of Wakefield.
Police said numerous items of scrap metal were taken from the house.The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is encouraged to call the Wakefield Police Department at 522-3232.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424