Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats fall to New Britain
Jenkins began the season on the disabled list before his start Monday. The righty allowed just three hits and a walk, giving up a pair of runs in the third. He left the game after five innings with a 3-2 lead.
That lead was built with a three-run second inning against New Britain starter Logan Darnell. Kevin Nolan led off with a double, scoring two batters later on a single by Sean Ochinko. John Tolisano followed with a double to make it 2-0 before a sac fly from Brian Van Kirk eventually pushed the lead to 3-0.
New Britain got two back in the third on an Antoan Richardon striple and Adam Petterson groundout before netting two more against the first reliever of the night, Tyson Brummett, in the sixth on a two-run single from Mark Sobolewski.
A pair of bases-loaded walkes pushed New Hampshire back in front 5-4 in the bottom of the sixth inning.
From there, it was all Rock Cats. They scored three in the eighth against Evan Crawford, who took the loss, before adding four more in the ninth against Tommy Hottovy. Danny Santana's two-run triple was the big blow in the eighth, and Josmil Pinto and Reynaldo Rodriguez hit back-to-back homers in the ninth for New Britain.
Nashua's Kevin Nolan added an RBI single to cap the scoring in the bottom of the ninth.
The teams meet up for the middle game of the series on Tuesday night at 5:05 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false