Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats fall to New Britain
Jenkins began the season on the disabled list before his start Monday. The righty allowed just three hits and a walk, giving up a pair of runs in the third. He left the game after five innings with a 3-2 lead.
That lead was built with a three-run second inning against New Britain starter Logan Darnell. Kevin Nolan led off with a double, scoring two batters later on a single by Sean Ochinko. John Tolisano followed with a double to make it 2-0 before a sac fly from Brian Van Kirk eventually pushed the lead to 3-0.
New Britain got two back in the third on an Antoan Richardon striple and Adam Petterson groundout before netting two more against the first reliever of the night, Tyson Brummett, in the sixth on a two-run single from Mark Sobolewski.
A pair of bases-loaded walkes pushed New Hampshire back in front 5-4 in the bottom of the sixth inning.
From there, it was all Rock Cats. They scored three in the eighth against Evan Crawford, who took the loss, before adding four more in the ninth against Tommy Hottovy. Danny Santana's two-run triple was the big blow in the eighth, and Josmil Pinto and Reynaldo Rodriguez hit back-to-back homers in the ninth for New Britain.
Nashua's Kevin Nolan added an RBI single to cap the scoring in the bottom of the ninth.
The teams meet up for the middle game of the series on Tuesday night at 5:05 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford