Home » News » Public Safety
Gasoline-soaked man stops traffic in downtown Rochester
Rochester firefighters and police stand by as a Frisbie Memorial Hospital paramedic evaluates a man who soaked himself in gasoline in a major downtown intersection late Monday morning. (Paul Dolnier Photo)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 11:30 a.m. after the man appeared to have covered himself in gasoline and walked into the intersection of South Main Street and Columbus Avenue, according to Fire Capt. Mark Avery.
Avery said the man did not ignite himself.
"When we got there, police pretty much had him face down," Avery said.?"He was wet, so we assumed it was gasoline," Avery said, adding officials removed the man's shirt as a precaution.
Avery said paramedics took the man, whose identity has not been released, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for further treatment and evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city - 6
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 8
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers