Home » News » Public Safety
Gasoline-soaked man stops traffic in downtown Rochester
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 11:30 a.m. after the man appeared to have covered himself in gasoline and walked into the intersection of South Main Street and Columbus Avenue, according to Fire Capt. Mark Avery.
Avery said the man did not ignite himself.
"When we got there, police pretty much had him face down," Avery said.?"He was wet, so we assumed it was gasoline," Avery said, adding officials removed the man's shirt as a precaution.
Avery said paramedics took the man, whose identity has not been released, to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for further treatment and evaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 2
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
A chief walks: No charges in New London
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072