Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson business
Fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., respond to the a two-alarm blaze. (APRIL GUILMET PHOTO)
A call came in to the Hudson Fire Department just before 6 p.m., according to Fire Chief Shawn Murray.
"Something occurred within the machine, though we're still investigating exactly what happened," Murray said at the scene.
The machine malfunction resulted in a two-alarm fire, which fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., kept contained to a single area, though heavy, toxic smoke filled the entire building.
No one was injured in the blaze, Murray said, though the extent of the building's damage is unclear at this time.
A decontamination station was set up behind the building for firefighters exiting the scene, while large, portable fans were brought inside to help clear away the smoke.
Crews from Nashua hazmat were also activated.
Several employees and curious neighbors gathered on the company's lawn to watch as a Nashua Fire Department ladder brought crews to the building's roof.
An employee who didn't give his name said he was working in the general area when sparks began to fly off the machine, which is about the size of a medium-sized car.
The company, located at 46 River Road, provides precision machining services for the medical, electronic and high-tech market.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out