Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson business
Fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., respond to the a two-alarm blaze. (APRIL GUILMET PHOTO)
A call came in to the Hudson Fire Department just before 6 p.m., according to Fire Chief Shawn Murray.
"Something occurred within the machine, though we're still investigating exactly what happened," Murray said at the scene.
The machine malfunction resulted in a two-alarm fire, which fire crews from Hudson, Windham, Pelham, Nashua and Tyngsboro, Mass., kept contained to a single area, though heavy, toxic smoke filled the entire building.
No one was injured in the blaze, Murray said, though the extent of the building's damage is unclear at this time.
A decontamination station was set up behind the building for firefighters exiting the scene, while large, portable fans were brought inside to help clear away the smoke.
Crews from Nashua hazmat were also activated.
Several employees and curious neighbors gathered on the company's lawn to watch as a Nashua Fire Department ladder brought crews to the building's roof.
An employee who didn't give his name said he was working in the general area when sparks began to fly off the machine, which is about the size of a medium-sized car.
The company, located at 46 River Road, provides precision machining services for the medical, electronic and high-tech market.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'