Enforcement blitz greets opening of 2013 ATV season in Claremont
"Specially-trained officers will be performing safety checks and enforcing speed limits, registration laws and other violations of the NH OHRV Statues," he said. "The patrols will take place on a regular basis until late autumn."
Until mud season ends May 23, all ATV trails are closed with the exception of Sugar River Trail, he said.
The enforcement program is funded by the NH Fish and Game Department.
"The goal of the Claremont Police Department program is to reduce the number of OHRV accidents and create an atmosphere that is more attractive to families who wish to utilize recreational trails for hiking, bicycling or ATV-riding" Scott said.
Reminders, Sugar River Trail has a speed limit of 25 miles per hour, the trail next to Washington Street has a speed limit of 10 miles per hours. OHRVs must be registered annually, trailbikes and OHRVs rider are not to emit noise exceeding 96 decibels and removing, destroying, defacing or obstructing signs and markers on trails is a misdemeanor.
People with questions regarding OHRV call police at 542-9538 or can visit the Sullivan County ATV Club website at www.sullivancountyatv.org or Fish and Game at www.wildlife.state.nh.us.
- Rock N' Blues Fest Roars Into Plymouth - 0
- 2015/2016 Season Passes Now on Sale for Crotched Mountain - 0
- Make 12 Hours Count: Radio-Thon to Benefit Veterans Count - 0
- Bass Pro Shops Sponsors Fishing Seminar for High School Students - 0
- Loeb School Offers Workshop for Freelance Writers - 0
- Ryan Cabrera releases long-awaited EP 'Wake Up Beautiful' - 0
- NH Club Notes: NH Rail Transit Authority focus of Lions’ program - 0
- Office of the Consumer Advocate plans public session - 0
- New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015 - 0
British Metal Legends SAXON Announce 'Warriors of the Road' U.S. Tour with Armored Saint, Select Dates with Judas PriestREADER COMMENTS: 0
New Hampshire Easter Egg Hunts 2015
A new favorite spot for classy seafood
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
NH delegation stands with Israel