Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win
Right fielder Brad Glenn collected five RBIs and shorstop Kevin Nolan drove in four to help the Fisher Cats defeat Reading, 15-5, at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester.
The Fisher Cats (14-16) scored three runs in the first, two in the second, four in the third, one in the sixth, three in the seventh and two in the eighth. Nolan, a Nashua native, accounted for the seventh-inning scoring by hitting a three-run home run - the first Double-A home run of his career.
Reading starting pitcher Jesse Biddle was pulled from the mound with two outs in the first inning. Biddle surrendered three runs (all earned), one hit and walked four. The Fisher Cats scored 10 runs against Biddle last Sunday.
Reading (12-15) used five pitchers in the loss.
Center fielder Kevin Pillar had four hits for New Hampshire, which also received a three-hit performance from left fielder Brian Van Kirk. The Fisher Cats had 16 hits in the game.
Austin Bibens-Dirkx (3-3) started and pitched five innings to earn the win. He gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits and struck out five. Bibens-Dirkx lowered his ERA to 2.68.
Matt Wright and Evan Crawford each pitched two innings of relief. Reading scored three of its runs against Crawford in the top of the ninth.
Glenn, first baseman Clint Robinson and third baseman Kevin Ahrens each had two hits for the Fisher Cats.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 1
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 3
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 1
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840