Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win
Right fielder Brad Glenn collected five RBIs and shorstop Kevin Nolan drove in four to help the Fisher Cats defeat Reading, 15-5, at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium in Manchester.
The Fisher Cats (14-16) scored three runs in the first, two in the second, four in the third, one in the sixth, three in the seventh and two in the eighth. Nolan, a Nashua native, accounted for the seventh-inning scoring by hitting a three-run home run - the first Double-A home run of his career.
Reading starting pitcher Jesse Biddle was pulled from the mound with two outs in the first inning. Biddle surrendered three runs (all earned), one hit and walked four. The Fisher Cats scored 10 runs against Biddle last Sunday.
Reading (12-15) used five pitchers in the loss.
Center fielder Kevin Pillar had four hits for New Hampshire, which also received a three-hit performance from left fielder Brian Van Kirk. The Fisher Cats had 16 hits in the game.
Austin Bibens-Dirkx (3-3) started and pitched five innings to earn the win. He gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits and struck out five. Bibens-Dirkx lowered his ERA to 2.68.
Matt Wright and Evan Crawford each pitched two innings of relief. Reading scored three of its runs against Crawford in the top of the ninth.
Glenn, first baseman Clint Robinson and third baseman Kevin Ahrens each had two hits for the Fisher Cats.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840