Home » News » Public Safety
Five-alarm fire strikes Peterborough barn
About 80 firefighters at the scene were able to save an "old farm house" and a four-car garage with a work area above it at 155 Old Jaffrey Road, said Fire Chief Joseph Lenox.
Firefighters had "heavy fire on arrival" around 7 a.m. and took about an hour to bring the blaze under control. The 2.5-story barn, about 40 feet by 60 feet in size, was destroyed, he said.
"We don't believe it's suspicious," Lenox said.
Crews were able to get sheep, goats and a tractor out of the barn.
No injuries were reported.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua - 0
- Police officer, firefighter team up to rescue dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness