Home » News » Public Safety
Crash lands car into Rochester house
A Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Shirley MacDonald, 77, of East Rochester, was heading east on Portland Street when her vehicle rear-ended an eastbound vehicle traveling in front of her around 3:20 p.m., according to Sgt. Patrick Emerson.
The Jeep struck a Buick Park Avenue, driven by Cody Stickney, 19, of York, Maine.
The collision caused the Buick to go off the road and into the front of the home at 367 Portland St., police said.
The building sustained damage and the residents returned to it after the crash.
Police said there would be no charges filed.
Portland Street was open to single-lane traffic for about an hour. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and were towed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'