Home » News » Public Safety
Crash lands car into Rochester house
A Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Shirley MacDonald, 77, of East Rochester, was heading east on Portland Street when her vehicle rear-ended an eastbound vehicle traveling in front of her around 3:20 p.m., according to Sgt. Patrick Emerson.
The Jeep struck a Buick Park Avenue, driven by Cody Stickney, 19, of York, Maine.
The collision caused the Buick to go off the road and into the front of the home at 367 Portland St., police said.
The building sustained damage and the residents returned to it after the crash.
Police said there would be no charges filed.
Portland Street was open to single-lane traffic for about an hour. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and were towed.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads