Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia brush fires send firefighters to hospital
"They're not related," fire Capt. Bob Landry said Sunday.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of both fires but don't suspect arson, he said.
"When you get a fire out in the woods, it's pretty hard to determine where it started," he said.
The first fire, reported at 1:45 p.m. behind 833 Weirs Blvd., grew to five alarms and 10 acres. About 50 firefighters from 15 communities responded. A firefighter was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for heat exhaustion and released.
The second fire, reported at 10:50 p.m. near 672 Weirs Blvd., grew to two acres and two alarms, involving about 15 firefighters from four communities.
A firefighter "got poked in the eye with a branch and had to go to the hospital," Landry said. He was later released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax