Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia brush fires send firefighters to hospital
"They're not related," fire Capt. Bob Landry said Sunday.
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of both fires but don't suspect arson, he said.
"When you get a fire out in the woods, it's pretty hard to determine where it started," he said.
The first fire, reported at 1:45 p.m. behind 833 Weirs Blvd., grew to five alarms and 10 acres. About 50 firefighters from 15 communities responded. A firefighter was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for heat exhaustion and released.
The second fire, reported at 10:50 p.m. near 672 Weirs Blvd., grew to two acres and two alarms, involving about 15 firefighters from four communities.
A firefighter "got poked in the eye with a branch and had to go to the hospital," Landry said. He was later released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
- Dave Solomon's Gettin' Down to Business: Tim Eccleston has a health dream for the nation - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Always trust your cape, but watch out for snakes - 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity