Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Local softball teams ousted
Eastern Connecticut scored all of its runs in its final two at-bats and went on to a 7-3 victory over Keene State. Meanwhile, Western Connecticut scored six unearned runs and beat Plymouth State, 8-2. The Panthers were then eliminated by Rhode Island College, 9-1.
In the KSC game, freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland took a one-hit shutout into the sixth inning before Eastern rallied. The Warriors scored three runs in the sixth, then added four more in the seventh. Anna Glassman and Nicole Dupuis homered for the Owls (21-16), who were eliminated in two straight games.
Plymouth State had beaten RIC on Thursday. PSU finished 25-17.
New Haven 2, Southern New Hampshire 1: The No. 1-seeded Penmen were ousted in the semifinals of the Northeast-10 tournament at Penmen Field.
The Chargers cracked two solo homers off Ali Maloof, who went the distance for SNHU (29-15).
New Haven will play Adelphi Saturday at Penmen Field in the league title game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos