Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester building fire causes up to $200k in damage
Corbeil said the fire destroyed a host of electrical wiring, mechanical systems and plumbing in the building, which has apartments on the second floor and an office and Chiggy's Place restaurant, which wasn't open when the fire was reported about 4:15 p.m.
The office and apartments were occupied at the time, but everyone got out safely, Corbeil said.
He said firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the basement.
"If you were to drive by the building right now, you wouldn't know there was a fire there," he said.
But because of the damage to the building's utilities, the building, owned by Karen Kean, is uninhabitable, he said.
"The heat did a lot of damage in the cellar," he said.
A cause has not been determined, but the fire is not believed to be suspicious, he said. No firefighters were injured, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 5
- Bradford man killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection