Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band bring the funk to Plymouth - 0
- Governor Proclaims May 16-23 as Restaurant Week NH - 0
- 7th-grader's effort paves way for smoke-free beaches - 0
- Auburn native believes in faith and fashion - 0
- Forest Journal: Making the grade in the syrup biz - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers - 0
- Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore - 0
- Win tickets to see Cheap Trick - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Crabapple trees great for wildlife in winter - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll