Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fundraiser to help Lyndeborough assault victim - 0
- Derry to NASA: 'We've got a marketing problem' - 2
- Invasive beetle found near NH, Mass. border - 0
- Mural dream becomes an artistic reality in Nashua - 0
- Loeb School offers Social Media for Business July 18th - 0
- Prescott Park brings more than roots with The Lone Bellow - 0
- Mary Chapin Carpenter returns to Prescott Park - 0
- Time for Hunter Education! Last call for bowhunter-only program - 0
- Rock N Roll Women Take the Monkey Stage - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Invasive beetle found near NH, Mass. border
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms