Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Oystering in New Hampshire - 0
- Rock and Roll Hall of Farm inductee and icon Gregg Allman to receive the Living Legend Award - 0
- Loeb School Offers Communications Boot Camp - 0
- NH Senior Briefs: AARP co-hosting forum on starting or growing a small business - 0
- Rivier University exhibit to feature castings of historic sculptures - 0
- Close to 100 work on projects for 'We Build it Forward' - 0
- Community comes together to work on custom dream home for NH veteran's family - 0
- Weare's history comes alive at 250th Celebration - 0
- Kids take on obstacle course to help family of terminally ill child - 0
Rock and Roll Hall of Farm inductee and icon Gregg Allman to receive the Living Legend Award
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem