Old Man celebration today at Profile Plaza
"Granite Staters will always remember exactly where they were ten years ago when they heard the sad news that the Old Man of the Mountain had been lost," said Shaheen and Ayotte. "This resolution is a fitting tribute to the Old Man, who will continue to live on in the hearts of the people of New Hampshire."
The iconic rock face collapsed May 3, 2003. Building a replica was considered, but a task force headed by former Gov. Steve Merrill ultimately decided to leave the mountain as it was.
A celebration will be held today, according to the Cannon Mountain website, which says the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy Fund is hosting a 10th anniversary tribute from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Profile Plaza in Franconia Notch.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire syrup king, author make a sweet pair - 0
- John Harrigan: A rare appearance by Mr. Outdoor Answer Man - 0
- Annual Snodeo in Stewartstown draws good crowd, many vendors - 0
- NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod - 0
- Soap 101: Studies in self-reliance - 0
- Trip to college' advanced manufacturing center opens Boy Scouts' eyes to career possibilities - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: March's arrival brings ideal ice fishing conditions - 0
- High school students want to give the shirts off their backs - 0
- Nashua cadet receives Civil Air Patrol award - 0
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings