This week's Rare Bird Alert
A snow goose was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
An Iceland gull was seen at Rockingham Park in Salem on April 29.
A glossy ibis was seen in Milford on April 25.
There were a few scattered reports of common redpolls during the past week.
A possible worm-eating warbler was seen in Bedford on April 28, but has not been relocated.
An orchard oriole was reported from Hawkin's Farm in Salem on April 29.
There were several reports of fish crows, Virginia rails, and rusty blackbirds during the past week.
A ruby-throated hummingbird was seen in Manchester on April 27.
Returning migrant warblers reported during the past week included: yellow warbler, prairie warbler, ovenbird, Nashville warbler, northern parula, black-throated green warbler, black-throated blue warbler, magnolia warbler, black-and-white warbler, northern waterthrush, and Louisiana waterthrush.
Returning migrant songbirds reported during the past week included: rose-breasted grosbeak, gray catbird, wood thrush, whip-poor-will, brown thrasher, eastern kingbird, great-crested flycatcher, house wren, warbling vireo, and vesper sparrow.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put either "bird sighting" or "Rare Bird Alert" in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Seminar series offers guidance for new business owners - 0
- Salem Farmers Market organizers planning for big turnout - 0
- Paralympians to make unassisted wheelchair ascent Sunday of Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- Officials say Derry road project won't affect Frost Farm - 0
- Rare dog returns home after missing for more than a week - 0
- Milford Rotary spearheads water, sanitation project to help Honduran families - 0
- Vintage Racing event in Loudon - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths - 0
- Pittsfield Rotary Hot Air Balloon Rally to lift off - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Race matters: A cautionary tale at UNH
John Stossel: Healthy profits?
Fired managers sue Market Basket