Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: NEC downs Husson
New England College 14, Husson 5: At Henniker, the Plilgrims improved to 10-6 overall and advanced to the North Atlantic Conference Championship for the second straight season. NEC plays top-seeded Castleton State College in Saturday's NAC Championship in Castleton, Vt.
NEC's Brian Gillis led all scorers with four goals and one assist, James Putney had three goals and Adam Shute scored twice and had an assist.
Middlebury 12, Plymouth State 9: At Middlebury, Vt., Freshman Dave Hall had two hits and three runs batted in and sophomore Brian Thompson and junior Jeff Runnals (Wolfeboro) each had a pair of hits for PSU. Middlebury scored four runs in the third to take control of the game.
Junior Zach Cogswell of Allenstown threw four and a third innings of effective relief for Plymouth State, allowing just one run on four hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 4
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice