Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: NEC downs Husson
New England College 14, Husson 5: At Henniker, the Plilgrims improved to 10-6 overall and advanced to the North Atlantic Conference Championship for the second straight season. NEC plays top-seeded Castleton State College in Saturday's NAC Championship in Castleton, Vt.
NEC's Brian Gillis led all scorers with four goals and one assist, James Putney had three goals and Adam Shute scored twice and had an assist.
Middlebury 12, Plymouth State 9: At Middlebury, Vt., Freshman Dave Hall had two hits and three runs batted in and sophomore Brian Thompson and junior Jeff Runnals (Wolfeboro) each had a pair of hits for PSU. Middlebury scored four runs in the third to take control of the game.
Junior Zach Cogswell of Allenstown threw four and a third innings of effective relief for Plymouth State, allowing just one run on four hits.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child