Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: NEC downs Husson
New England College 14, Husson 5: At Henniker, the Plilgrims improved to 10-6 overall and advanced to the North Atlantic Conference Championship for the second straight season. NEC plays top-seeded Castleton State College in Saturday's NAC Championship in Castleton, Vt.
NEC's Brian Gillis led all scorers with four goals and one assist, James Putney had three goals and Adam Shute scored twice and had an assist.
Middlebury 12, Plymouth State 9: At Middlebury, Vt., Freshman Dave Hall had two hits and three runs batted in and sophomore Brian Thompson and junior Jeff Runnals (Wolfeboro) each had a pair of hits for PSU. Middlebury scored four runs in the third to take control of the game.
Junior Zach Cogswell of Allenstown threw four and a third innings of effective relief for Plymouth State, allowing just one run on four hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 2
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice