Etz Hayim Synagogue celebrates Israel's birthday Sunday
It will feature an opening ceremony commemorating Israel's independence followed by a walk, which, metaphorically, follows the geography of Israel.
Following the walk, there will be Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and tables featuring Israeli products.
The theme of the walk is Walk the Land-Celebrate Life. This is part of the world-wide walk for Israel in honor of her birthday.
At 11 a.m., meet at the synagogue, register for the walk, and receive a map of Israel and seeds from Israel
At noon, there is an opening ceremony, introduction, prayers, speakers and the blowing of the Shofar.
The walk is from 1 to 2 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m., at the synagogue, Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference. Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and vendor tables featuring Israeli products will be available.
To register for the walk go to walktheland65.org/ and click on Derry. There is no charge for this and every registrant 18 years of age or older will qualify for the Walk the Land Sweepstakes drawing for a round-trip ticket to Israel.
Every registrant 13 years of age or older is eligible to enter the Walk the Land video contest.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Diocese of Manchester's journey of faith - 0
- Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work - 0
- Parishioners mourn death of longtime priest at St. Hedwig in Manchester - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- New rabbi joins Temple Israel of Portsmouth - 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee