Etz Hayim Synagogue celebrates Israel's birthday Sunday
It will feature an opening ceremony commemorating Israel's independence followed by a walk, which, metaphorically, follows the geography of Israel.
Following the walk, there will be Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and tables featuring Israeli products.
The theme of the walk is Walk the Land-Celebrate Life. This is part of the world-wide walk for Israel in honor of her birthday.
At 11 a.m., meet at the synagogue, register for the walk, and receive a map of Israel and seeds from Israel
At noon, there is an opening ceremony, introduction, prayers, speakers and the blowing of the Shofar.
The walk is from 1 to 2 p.m.
From 2 to 4 p.m., at the synagogue, Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference. Israeli food, dancing, music, goods and vendor tables featuring Israeli products will be available.
To register for the walk go to walktheland65.org/ and click on Derry. There is no charge for this and every registrant 18 years of age or older will qualify for the Walk the Land Sweepstakes drawing for a round-trip ticket to Israel.
Every registrant 13 years of age or older is eligible to enter the Walk the Land video contest.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 16
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
- Steady voter turnout in Amherst - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus