Pittsfield church to celebrate 150 years of ministry
The church was organized on March 30, 1863. At a meeting that day, the Board of Wardens and Vestrymen was authorized to purchase and prepare a lot for a chapel.
A piece of land on Main Street was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. James Drake for $500 to be used as a lot for the church
The Second Bishop of New Hampshire, The Right Reverend Carlton Chase, made his first visitation to St. Stephen's on July 19, 1863. Bishop Chase preached twice that morning in the Masonic Hall before the procession moved to the foundation for the new church building, where he presided over the ceremonies and prayers to celebrate the laying of the corner stone.
On May 19 this year, at 9:30 a.m., the 10 Bishop of New Hampshire, the Right Reverend A. Robert Hirschfeld will make his first visitation to the parish of St. Stephen's.
Bishop Hirschfeld will preside at a service to celebrate St. Stephen's 150 years of ministry.
The service will include the Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
- Music minister Grinnell leaving First Congregational Church - 0
- Bishop makes changes to Diocesan leadership structure - 0
- Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, children being held again in Sudan - 0
- Colebrook shrine known for 'Blessing of the Bikes' closing July 1 - 1
- Reports say Sudan to release sister-in-law of NH man - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax