Lin-Wood Public School takes top spot in U.S. News' rankings
The school was rated tops among the state's 88 high schools, and ranked 749 out of 21,035 U.S. public high schools.
It serves the students in the Lincoln Woodstock Cooperative School District.
Profile Senior High School in Bethlehem was ranked second; White Mountain Regional High School in Whitefield placed third.
The rankings were released April 23. The data-driven assessment takes the school's population makeup into consideration, factoring in the percentage of economically disadvantaged students to determine if the students are performing better than statistical expectations.
Lin-Wood's college readiness index was 38.3, with math and reading proficiencies at 2.3 and 3.4.
According to U.S. News, 43 percent of the school's seniors take advanced placement courses.
At Profile Senior High School, 43 percent of the seniors took AP classes, and its reading and math scores were 2.2 and 3.0 above state average.
U.S. News gave the White Mountain Regional High School, a score of 28.9 for its college readiness. Thirty-two percent of the seniors took AP courses. For its reading and math proficiency scores, the school's students ranked 2.1 and 2.9.
Rounding out the top 10 New Hampshire schools were: Goffstown High School, Hanover High School, Bedford High School, Exeter High School, Portsmouth High School, John Stark Regional High School and Kennett High School in Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads