Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Attempted robbery case ends with prison time
Zachary Jabour, 23, has struck a plea deal on attempted robbery charges for allegedly attempting to take the man's 2006 Honda Accord on June 16 then later threatening him with a pair of wire cutters during a second encounter on the same day.
He is expected to be sentenced to two to six years in state prison if a judge accepts the terms of the plea agreement on May 20.
His girlfriend, Kristin Gile, 22, of Derry was sentenced on Wednesday to two to six years in state prison for being Jabour's accomplice.
Her lawyers argued for a 12-month jail term. Derry police began investigating the robbery on June 16 after meeting with the victim, David Goldberg.
He told police that he went to a Sawyer Court residence to meet up with Gile.
"When he parked his car at Sawyer Court, a male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a red bandana over his face knocked on his window," Derry police Detective Scott Tompkins said in a sworn affidavit. "The male told him to get out of his car and that he was going to take his car."
Goldberg drove off in his 2006 Honda Accord, according to police.
Gile then called Goldberg and told him "she still wanted to go out but wanted him to go to her house to pick her up," according to a police affidavit.
Goldberg returned to the residence and was confronted by Jabour again once he entered a doorway. Jabour was allegedly armed with wire cutters. Goldberg struggled with Jabour and got the wire cutters away from him, prompting Jabour to flee, police said.
Jabour is facing two counts of attempted robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted theft by unauthorized taking and conspiracy to commit theft by unauthorized taking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424