Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Attempted robbery case ends with prison time
Zachary Jabour, 23, has struck a plea deal on attempted robbery charges for allegedly attempting to take the man's 2006 Honda Accord on June 16 then later threatening him with a pair of wire cutters during a second encounter on the same day.
He is expected to be sentenced to two to six years in state prison if a judge accepts the terms of the plea agreement on May 20.
His girlfriend, Kristin Gile, 22, of Derry was sentenced on Wednesday to two to six years in state prison for being Jabour's accomplice.
Her lawyers argued for a 12-month jail term. Derry police began investigating the robbery on June 16 after meeting with the victim, David Goldberg.
He told police that he went to a Sawyer Court residence to meet up with Gile.
"When he parked his car at Sawyer Court, a male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and a red bandana over his face knocked on his window," Derry police Detective Scott Tompkins said in a sworn affidavit. "The male told him to get out of his car and that he was going to take his car."
Goldberg drove off in his 2006 Honda Accord, according to police.
Gile then called Goldberg and told him "she still wanted to go out but wanted him to go to her house to pick her up," according to a police affidavit.
Goldberg returned to the residence and was confronted by Jabour again once he entered a doorway. Jabour was allegedly armed with wire cutters. Goldberg struggled with Jabour and got the wire cutters away from him, prompting Jabour to flee, police said.
Jabour is facing two counts of attempted robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted theft by unauthorized taking and conspiracy to commit theft by unauthorized taking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'