Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC pitchers - nine of 'em - throttle Colby-Sawyer
Kyle Brighan of Hudson hit a pair of triples, knocking in two runs, and Elliot Kilgore of Milford added two hits as the Eagles improved to 24-9.
Devin DeCarteret of Pelham also knocked in a run for DWC, which hosts the New England Collegiate Conference tournament this weekend. The tourney begins on Friday as the top-seeded and defending champ Eagles face fourth-seeded Becker at 11 a.m.
Colby-Sawyer goes to Castleton, Vt., on Friday to face Husson in the opening round of the North Atlantic Conference tournament.
Franklin Pierce 10, St. Anselm 5: Dan Kemp hit a two-run double and Nick LaCroix added a three-run homer in a five-run sixth inning, leading the FPU past the Hawks at Sullivan Park. Franklin Pierce improved to 29-15, 19-6 in the Northeast-10.
Rett Ostafin went 2-for-3 with a homer and double and scored three runs for St. Anselm, 18-28-1 and 13-16 in the Northeast-10.
Dartmouth 8, Amherst 1: In a tuneup for the Ivy League championship series this coming weekend at Columbia, the Big Green blasted Amherst at Red Rolfe Field. Matt MacDowell got the winners going with a two-run double in the second inning as Dartmouth (32-7) won its seventh straight and added to its school record for triumphs in a season.
Stonehill 4, St. Anselm 0: In a first-round game of the Northeast-10 playoffs, the host Hawks were held to five hits by Megan Ruonavaara. Amherst's Alison Sumski walked and scored a run in the Stonehill win.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 1
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 3
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Nashua men steal dmpty ATM - 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 3
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty