Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC pitchers - nine of 'em - throttle Colby-Sawyer
Kyle Brighan of Hudson hit a pair of triples, knocking in two runs, and Elliot Kilgore of Milford added two hits as the Eagles improved to 24-9.
Devin DeCarteret of Pelham also knocked in a run for DWC, which hosts the New England Collegiate Conference tournament this weekend. The tourney begins on Friday as the top-seeded and defending champ Eagles face fourth-seeded Becker at 11 a.m.
Colby-Sawyer goes to Castleton, Vt., on Friday to face Husson in the opening round of the North Atlantic Conference tournament.
Franklin Pierce 10, St. Anselm 5: Dan Kemp hit a two-run double and Nick LaCroix added a three-run homer in a five-run sixth inning, leading the FPU past the Hawks at Sullivan Park. Franklin Pierce improved to 29-15, 19-6 in the Northeast-10.
Rett Ostafin went 2-for-3 with a homer and double and scored three runs for St. Anselm, 18-28-1 and 13-16 in the Northeast-10.
Dartmouth 8, Amherst 1: In a tuneup for the Ivy League championship series this coming weekend at Columbia, the Big Green blasted Amherst at Red Rolfe Field. Matt MacDowell got the winners going with a two-run double in the second inning as Dartmouth (32-7) won its seventh straight and added to its school record for triumphs in a season.
Stonehill 4, St. Anselm 0: In a first-round game of the Northeast-10 playoffs, the host Hawks were held to five hits by Megan Ruonavaara. Amherst's Alison Sumski walked and scored a run in the Stonehill win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'