Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC pitchers - nine of 'em - throttle Colby-Sawyer
Kyle Brighan of Hudson hit a pair of triples, knocking in two runs, and Elliot Kilgore of Milford added two hits as the Eagles improved to 24-9.
Devin DeCarteret of Pelham also knocked in a run for DWC, which hosts the New England Collegiate Conference tournament this weekend. The tourney begins on Friday as the top-seeded and defending champ Eagles face fourth-seeded Becker at 11 a.m.
Colby-Sawyer goes to Castleton, Vt., on Friday to face Husson in the opening round of the North Atlantic Conference tournament.
Franklin Pierce 10, St. Anselm 5: Dan Kemp hit a two-run double and Nick LaCroix added a three-run homer in a five-run sixth inning, leading the FPU past the Hawks at Sullivan Park. Franklin Pierce improved to 29-15, 19-6 in the Northeast-10.
Rett Ostafin went 2-for-3 with a homer and double and scored three runs for St. Anselm, 18-28-1 and 13-16 in the Northeast-10.
Dartmouth 8, Amherst 1: In a tuneup for the Ivy League championship series this coming weekend at Columbia, the Big Green blasted Amherst at Red Rolfe Field. Matt MacDowell got the winners going with a two-run double in the second inning as Dartmouth (32-7) won its seventh straight and added to its school record for triumphs in a season.
Stonehill 4, St. Anselm 0: In a first-round game of the Northeast-10 playoffs, the host Hawks were held to five hits by Megan Ruonavaara. Amherst's Alison Sumski walked and scored a run in the Stonehill win.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos