Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC pitchers - nine of 'em - throttle Colby-Sawyer
Kyle Brighan of Hudson hit a pair of triples, knocking in two runs, and Elliot Kilgore of Milford added two hits as the Eagles improved to 24-9.
Devin DeCarteret of Pelham also knocked in a run for DWC, which hosts the New England Collegiate Conference tournament this weekend. The tourney begins on Friday as the top-seeded and defending champ Eagles face fourth-seeded Becker at 11 a.m.
Colby-Sawyer goes to Castleton, Vt., on Friday to face Husson in the opening round of the North Atlantic Conference tournament.
Franklin Pierce 10, St. Anselm 5: Dan Kemp hit a two-run double and Nick LaCroix added a three-run homer in a five-run sixth inning, leading the FPU past the Hawks at Sullivan Park. Franklin Pierce improved to 29-15, 19-6 in the Northeast-10.
Rett Ostafin went 2-for-3 with a homer and double and scored three runs for St. Anselm, 18-28-1 and 13-16 in the Northeast-10.
Dartmouth 8, Amherst 1: In a tuneup for the Ivy League championship series this coming weekend at Columbia, the Big Green blasted Amherst at Red Rolfe Field. Matt MacDowell got the winners going with a two-run double in the second inning as Dartmouth (32-7) won its seventh straight and added to its school record for triumphs in a season.
Stonehill 4, St. Anselm 0: In a first-round game of the Northeast-10 playoffs, the host Hawks were held to five hits by Megan Ruonavaara. Amherst's Alison Sumski walked and scored a run in the Stonehill win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed